Beers Around The World: Norway

Now join me in my weekly training session for my April visit to Walt Disney World when I'll be attempting to "drink around the world" at Epcot. Each week a new country; a new beer.

Carlsberg


What It Is: This is probably the most unusual beer selection for the World Showcase, as it is not even a representative of the country where it is sold. Carlsberg is, in actuality, from Denmark not Norway. It's even odder to me because it seems as if the Norwegian government is still more involved with the pavilion than most others, as it still operates the travel center in the pavilion. Nevertheless, I guess being Scandinavian is close enough for Carlsberg and it's sold in the pavilion.

Why You Should Drink It: Despite all of the jokes about it not even being Norwegian, it's actually a great beer. It is similar to most other pale yellow lagers from Europe, bearing the most in common to the mass produced Dutch beers like Heineken and Amstel...and, in fact, I prefer this to both. If you like either you'll enjoy this beer. Another tip...it's WAY better on tap than in bottles (also true, IMO, of Heineken.) Plus this beer doesn't have the reputation of some of the beers in Mexico, Germany, or Canada...so it's far easier to get it without a line during busier times. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Trivia: While not brewed in Norway, Carlsberg IS owned by a Norwegian conglomerate Orkla LSA. So technically it does belong in the Norway pavilion.

My Grade: B+

Make sure to check out more content like this from me at Walt Disney World Traveler.

No comments:

Post a Comment